Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mc Coys date with the doctor

Tony McCoy faces a crucial appointment tomorrow as he seeks the all-clear to return to the saddle in time for next month's Cheltenham Festival.
The 12-times champion suffered a back injury when coming to grief from Arnold Layne at Warwick last month.
Although serious, the injury turned out to be not quite as bad as first feared and he has been undergoing revolutionary treatment in an effort to ensure he is back for the biggest meeting on the jumps calendar.
"If it was up to me I'd be 100% (to ride)," McCoy told BBC Radio 5 Live.
"But it's basically down to the doctor though I'm pretty confident that he'll be happy with what he sees and with how much I have improved in a short time."
Aiding McCoy's progress has been Kriotherapy treatment, which was also used by Ryan Moore last year.
It involves going into an insulated compartment where the temperature is minus 135 degrees to help improve blood circulation
McCoy went on: "It circulates the blood in your body and it can only do you good.
"I've made great recovery and have been in full exercise, so hopefully I'm going back to the doctor on Monday and he'll tell me I can ride."

The Big G
HOME PAGE

No comments: